C&C Cookie Bars

C&C otherwise known as chocolate & coconut.  I found this recipe in an elementary school cookbook my mom bought me. (actually THE elementary school I attended).  It is so simple and oh so delicious!! Especially good when the chocolate is still a bit melted.  YUM!! I begged hubby to take the leftovers to work so I would not eat them.  

C&C Cookie Bars
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup melted butter
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
2 cups milk chocolate chips (or semi-sweet)
1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
1/4 cup slivered almonds (or your choice or nuts)Optional
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a small bowl combine the graham cracker crumbs with the butter.  Mix well.  Press mixture firmly in the bottom of a  9x13 pan. 
Pour sweetened condensed milk over the top.  Layer evenly the rest of the ingredients.
Press down firmly with a fork.
Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
Cool. Cut in to bars. Store covered at room temperature.
Enjoy!
Linked to:
~Tiffanee

Comments

  1. I just bookmarked it! :) love chocolate and love coconut. When I make them I will link back to your blog :) I like to give credit where it is due. Yum!
    Shamrocks and Shenanigans

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make the most delicious looking baked goods! These look especially tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be still my beating heart! This sounds phenomenal!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look positively evil! I love things like this, chocolate and coconut, my favorite! I just need to make sure I am not left alone with these when I make them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My teens will love these! Looks easy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I gained weight just looking at your photos of these bars - but I'm going to make them anyway! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look so yummy! Welcome back to Tuesday Tastes, Tiffanee, these look delish! Thanks for linking with Tuesday Tastes! I am so happy to have you! People's Choice polls are open - head over and vote for your favorite when you have a chance!

    Happy Day,
    Jasey @ Crazy Dasiy
    http://crazyjayzplace.blogspot.com/2010/05/tuesday-tastes-9.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!