Crock Pot Minestrone Soup

I have been making a real effort to cook and most importantly eat healthier this week.  It has been a challenge, especially for the hubby!!  This soup turned out really tasty!! I enjoyed it and I am looking forward to having the leftovers for lunch. 

Crock Pot Minetrone Soup
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion minced
1 cup zucchini, chopped (1small)
1/2 cup green beans
2 ribs celery, minced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup carrots, diced
6 cups broth (Chicken, Vegetable or Beef)
1 (15 oz.) can small white beans or great northern beans, drained
2 (14.5 oz.) cans diced tomatoes
2 teaspoons parsley
3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon basil
1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
2 cups baby spinach
2 cups pasta, cook separately
Saute onion, zucchini, celery,garlic and carrots in olive oil for a few minutes.  Place in the bottom of the crock pot.  Add all other ingredients except the spinach and pasta.  Stir.  Cook on low for 6-8 hours.  A few minutes before serving add cooked pasta and spinach.  Cook until spinach is done and pasta is heated (about 10 minutes).  Serve with a dash of parmesan cheese on top.
*I only added 1 cup of spinach and wished I would of added more.  I have made this before adding one can of red kidney beans in the mix.  I prefer to not have them but I will leave that up to you!

Check out more crock pot recipes over at Crock Pot Wednesday.
~Tiffanee

Comments

  1. Yummy! I love minestrone! It is always good the second day, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this!!! Yummy=0)
    I'm going to try this tonight.

    xoxo,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great. I would not have thought to add balsamic vinegar, I will have to try this.

    Love you blog and I have a "Sweet Blog" award for you. Stop by and pick it up when you have a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my favorite soup and the addition of balsamic vinegar sounds GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!