"Almost" Homemade Refried Beans

The other day I wanted to make my family a home made Mexican meal like you would get at a restaurant.  My plan was enchiladas, Mexican rice and homemade refried beans.  Well I forgot to soak my beans the night before (that recipe will come later), so out of desperation I came up with this recipe and it worked brilliantly!!  Simple, easy and delicious my type of recipe.  Everyone will think you slaved in the kitchen for this tasty side dish.
Almost Homemade Refried Beans
2 (16 oz.) cans refried beans
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese + a little more for garnishing.
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese*
Place everything in the crock pot and stir to combine.  Cook on high for 1-2 hours or when they are hot throughout.  Stir mixture a few times during the cooking.   Top each serving with a little shredded cheese. 
*If desired you can use all cheddar cheese.
Enjoy!

Comments

  1. I never thought of doing that in the crockpot. Sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffanee, these look fantastic! Now I have to run to Taco Time for lunch =o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, what a delicious way to kick up a can of refried beans and make it into something totally yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll take these beans any way I can get 'em! YUMMY!!!


    Lots of yummy love,
    Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
    www.mawhats4dinner.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That works for me, Tiffanee!

    I keep telling Marion I'm going to make an authentic home style Mexican meal and I just don't get to it!!!

    Kudos to you for actually doing it!!!

    Thank you so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes you just NEED some refried beans :), these look SO great! Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!