Baked French Toast Sticks

This is the perfect quick and easy breakfast (or when ever), that can be made ahead and frozen.  They taste delicious!!  My kids thought they were in heaven!! I am really LUCKY that any of them made it to the freezer.  The family devoured them straight out of the oven.


Baked French Toast Sticks
makes 36 sticks
4 eggs
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoon vanilla
12 thick (about 1 inch) sliced bread or Texas toast sliced bread
3-4 Tablespoons butter (optional)
Cut each slice of bread into three pieces.
In a shallow bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, milk , maple syrup, cinnamon and vanilla with a fork or whisk, until well blended.  Dip each bread strip into the egg mixture, coating completely, but do not over soak.  You don't want the bread to be super soggy.
 
Place on a greased cookie sheet.  If you want you can brush a little melted butter underneath each strip before you place it on the cookie sheet.  I found that worked well!  Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Let them sit while the oven is preheating.
Bakefor 10 minutes. Remove from oven and brush tops with melted butter and turn them over to toast the other side.  Return to oven and bake for 5-10 minutes more or until golden brown.
Now you can either eat or flash freeze (put them in the freezer for a bit so they freeze individually.)
and place them in a freezer bag.  They make for a great quick breakfast. 
When ready to serve reheat in the toaster oven for 3-5 minutes.
Eat plain or serve with syrup and garnish with a little powdered sugar.
Oh YUM!!

Comments

  1. My kids are gonna love you for this recipe! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those look yummy! So smart to make them into sticks, so that there's more surface area for even more crispy goodness!!! Great idea. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I LOVE this idea, and I KNOW Dear Son would too! The fact that I can freeze some ahead is a HUGE bonus too!.. All the better! I'll definitely have to try these! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is easy and more healthy than the traditional fried ones. Yum, yum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My recipe file is getting filled up with your delicious posts...lol..

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is exactly the kind of breakfast food I like to have around. I am bookmarking this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another recipe for my file! I don't even have to buy cookbooks any more! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. NICE!!! So much better than frying them. I totally trying this over the weekend. Thanks so much for stopping by to comment on my little jailbird. Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you. Since our little escapade to pick up Cooper at the police station it's been tough to find the time to get back to everyone. Sorry, but your sweet words on the matter made it easier to get through.

    Lots of yummy love,
    Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
    www.mawhats4dinner.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another must-try recipe I have discovered from your blog!!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  10. YUMMY the boys love these, what a great idea to make a bunch and save in the freezer. You always have the best things for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. YUM! We love french toast sticks but I've never made them before. How cool is this?!?! And the fact that you can freeze them is perfect! We'll have to try this this weekend. Thanks Tiffanee!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to make these and put them in the freezer for my daughters breakfast. She would love me for it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, what a great idea - my kids love french toast but I always cook them in a skillet - I will have to try baking them. Thanks for sharing this with us at the Hearth and Soul Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great time saver! This would be great for a make ahead for company visiting! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great recipe - I never knew you could freeze these after making them. Top tip, thanks :)

    I'm also taking part in the Hearth & Soul hop and that's how I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I make French toast almost every Sunday but have never tried it baked. These look wonderful, and the kids will love the shape. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've always wanted to make these. So glad I found you on the Tuesday Hop! ~ Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooo, delicious!! Can I come over for breakfast? :), Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just Stopping by from TMTT. Well that looks quick and easy and yummy. I wanted to invite you to check out my Iron Chef Challenge This month's themed ingredient is canned tomatoes, so link up a recipe using those and you could win a prize. It should be a lot of fun, hope you can join us!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I couldn't pass up this delicious looking French Toast. Looks yummy!
    Angi

    ReplyDelete
  21. Tiffany I found your blog! You've got great ideas and I know I will be checking back often. Love this easy french toast idea! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This recipe is such a keeper. I'm going to have to try it for the granddaughter's next sleepover. Plus I love French toast myself. What a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just found these and made them, and they are DELICIOUS! I have a batch freezing right now. Thanks for the awesome recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!