Blushing Dreamsicle Salad

This normally orange salad is actually
blushing today in honor of Pink Saturday!
Dreamsicle Salad
1 - 6 oz. package instant vanilla pudding (1 large box or 2 small)
1 - 3 oz. package strawberry Jello
1 1/2 cups boiling water
2 cups frozen or fresh strawberries.
1 (16 oz.) container whipped topping
In a large bowl combine the pudding, Jello and boiling water. Stir until dissolved completely. Add the fruit. Let cool just a few minutes and fold in the whip topping. Chill.  You can either leave it to set up in the bowl or pour it into a casserole dish.
*If you are using frozen fruit thaw it out and save the juices to add to the salad.
The original recipe calls for orange Jello and mandarin oranges. I have used raspberry jello and raspberries. The great thing about this recipe is you can use any combination you like.
Happy Pink Saturday!

Comments

  1. Yummy,

    I wonder how pistachio pudding and kiwi would work for ST. Patrick's Day! I'll have to try that one!

    Happy PS!
    Valrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not only does the name sound good, it looks like it's so yummy. Thanks for the recipe and Happy Pink Saturday, Char

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum....how pretty for Easter dinner. I will copy and file away for just that. HPS

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blushingly beautiful salad! ;-) And I like how it is so versatile in changing color and flavor. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my kinda sweets right here!!
    Brandie

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like a great side dish. When I'm around the grands and cooking I always look for something to fill in and fill up...lol....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love jello salad. One of my favorite treats.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks dreamy.... so very girly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH WOW!!! is sounds so YUMMY!!! I wonder how this would do in a Graham Cracker Crust. You're so SWEET!!! you always stop by and visit. I LOVE your comments. THANKS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We grew up eating variations of Jello salad desserts after dinner every night. This sounds like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks amazing! I could go for some of that right now. And if I hadn't just eaten chocolate chips and cashews, (shame on me!) I might have made it. As it is, I'll have to save the recipe for later. Thank you for sharing it. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!