German Chocolate Chip Cookies

We love German Chocolate cake!! The very best part of the cake is the frosting!! Can you imagine putting all that goodness in a cookie...well that is what is so brilliant about this recipe I found over at Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker.  She has some wonderfully delicious recipes!! These cookies were AMAZING!! They were even better the next day.  They are a bit flatter than the normal cookie, but are soft and chewy.  OH YUM!!
German Chocolate Chip Cookies
from Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs (1 of those packages of crackers thrown in the food processor is usually the correct amount)
1/2 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup softened butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cup flaked coconut
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans (Due to allergies I used sliced almonds)
Mix graham cracker crumbs, flour and baking powder. In another bowl, beat condensed milk and butter until smooth. Mix all together, then add coconut, chips and nuts. Slightly grease cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 9 to 10 minutes until light brown.
*You could leave out the nuts if needed and they would still be amazing!!
Thanks,
Frugal Antics
For a great recipe!!

Comments

  1. I can see why you would have wanted to try these out. They sound packed with yummy flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sound great Tiffanee! I've had a can of that milk in the closet for a while now, think I'll make these and use it up:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stroke of brilliance!! I can't wait to try these!!!!

    Lots of yummy love,
    Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner
    www.mawhats4dinner.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristen is great! I love the cookies Tiffanee and I will give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look and sounds wonderful! My Mom makes a mean German Chocolate cake and we all fight over who gets to take home the leftovers. These would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an unusual and creative cookie recipe! And it looks so simple, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I first saw the title, I thought they would be chocolate, but they are modeled after the frosting. Bonus! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love German Chocolate Cake too! I will have to try these for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They sound delicious. More cookies to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sweet these must be! I bet they're prefect! Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness!!!! I have got to try these soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't even know you made these! SO glad you liked them. They are always a huge hit when I make them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!