The Cookie Experiment!!

Last week my boss made these amazing cookies.   I asked her for the recipe and was shocked and excited to see that they were made with whole wheat flour.  They are beautifully delicious cookies, crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside.  I decided to test them out on my family without telling them the whole wheat part..  They all noticed something was different. Once everyone got over the whole wheat phobia (I am still working on the conversion), they gobbled them up and admitted they were delicious!!
Kathy's Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes about 3 dozen cookies
1 cup butter, melted
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cream together butter and sugars until smooth. Add in eggs and vanilla, beat for 3 minutes. Gradually
add flour, baking soda and salt.  Stir in chocolate chips. 
Drop by large spoonfuls onto a lightly greased pan.  Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until edges are lightly brown.  After removing from the oven let them sit on the pan for one minute. 
Remove them from the pan to cool.
They were awesome warm and still incredible the next day!!

Linked to:

Comments

  1. These look too good. If I were with you, you would have an empty plate, in front of you. I just did not gain a few pounds, thanks to you cookies being in a photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them already! Can't wait to try them :), Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great way to sneak in some fiber and whole wheat. I need to try a ww version of chocolate chip cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I use whole wheat quite often and think I'll give this a try-thanks:@)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always use at least 1/2 whole wheat flour in cookies like this. I figure with 2 cups of sugar and a stick of butter, it's not like they are THAT healthy! They are still cookies, this way they just have a bit more fiber and will actually HELP your body a bit more. They look really good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These sounds delicious! Yeah! Another whole wheat recipe for my collection!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look great! What a great way to sneak in something a little better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm, this is a good way to sneak whole wheat in family's diet! They look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Believe me, if I didn't make a concerted effort to stay away from wheat, I would make these in a minute! They look wonderful!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have given your blog an award. I am not sure if this excites you or not!:) Anyway, to receive the award, please visit http://easilygoodeats.blogspot.com/2011/05/one-lovely-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Funny. I make loads of foods with whole grains, but have never tried a chocolate chip cookie with whole wheat. This looks great. I'm bookmarking the recipe and hope to try it soon. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I knew there would be something wonderful if I visited your blog today! And WOW! these look yummy! Thank you for posting them! I can't wait to try them! I love the wheat flour instead of white.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look great, and I am sure tasted the same! I have one here that won't convert, period. But I just might make them and see if he really notices.....(now following)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!