Muddy Buddies~The Screaming Snack!!

Last Friday night I was craving something sweet, but needed it to be quick and simple.  Then I remembered this recipe that one of my son's friends introduced us to a few years ago.  DELICIOUS!! The great thing is my kids were outside playing when I made them.  My youngest came in and said, "Oh something smells good!" She wandered over to the counter saw the Muddy Buddies and started to scream with delight!! It was hilarious!! So now I call them "The Screaming Snack!!
Muddy Buddies
From Chex.com
9 cups corn chex (or other flavor)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
Measure cereal into a large bowl and set aside.
In a microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on high for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave aabout 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth.  Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal and stir until evenly coated.  Add powdered sugar and mix until evenly coated or place mixture in a resealable bag and shake the powered sugar on the cereal.  Spread out on wax paper to cool.  Store in an airtight container in refrigerator.
Next time I will make a double batch because they were gone in a flash!!
YUM!!




Comments

  1. This sounds amazingly yummy! Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to make this and see what kind of reaction I get :)
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, who wouldn't love that! Bet it went really fast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really wish I could eat things like that, they look so good. I really miss sweets. Oh well.... life goes on.

    I added you to my blog list so I can see when you post a new post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love how you always remind me of the original good stuff =) i love these!!! i need to make these again =) my kids will love me if i do....if any of it makes until after school.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these little guys!! I always make more pb and chocolate mixture - I love can't get enough!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That does look yummy. I made my girls fair scones and there was squealing at my house too. I saw your comment about Alki beach. Sad today I have lived here for 6 years and it was our first visit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!