Hot Chocolate on a Stick

I LOVE hot chocolate and was instantly intrigued when I saw these over at Lark's Country Heart (Lots of delicious thing over there. It's a great blog!)What a brilliant and cute gift! They turned out darling and were really pretty easy to make.  I used them for handouts for a lesson and most of them did not make it into milk..the girls ate them on the way out the door!!
Hot Chocolate on a Stick
1/2 C. Heavy Cream
1 (14oz.) Sweetened Condensed Milk
3 C. Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips *(You can mix this up too, 2 C. semi./1C. Milk )*
1 (4 oz.) Bar of Unsweetened Chocolate
Optional: 1 Tablespoon flavoring (use any flavor you like)
Dash of Cinnamon
In a medium size sauce pan mix together the cream and condensed milk.
Stirring often until it begins to "steam". (DO NOT BOIL)
Remove from heat and add all the chocolate, stir just enough to cover the chocolate.
Set it aside for 10-15 minutes. While you are waiting lightly spray your 9x5 loaf pans with cooking spray(makes 2 pans). After the time is up you will then return it to the heat on low/med whisking it until all pieces of the chocolate are melted. Stir in your flavoring and cinnamon.
Pour 1/2 the mixture in each pan. Spread evenly and smooth the top.
Here is the "hard" part....now you have to let it set up for at least 6 hrs.
Or just do what I did and make this up before going to bed and let it set overnight.
Remove it from the pan and cut into 1 inch pieces.  6 x 3 (18 pieces per/pan).
Before I cut mine I dipped the tops of marshmallows in some melted chocolate and then dipped it in crushed candy canes.   Let chocolate set up.  Then push your sticks into the marshmallows.
Then push the stick into each piece of the chocolate mixture.
Now simply package them up and attach a tag telling them to add their Hot Chocolate in a stick to 6-8 oz. warm milk and stir until dissolved. 
Here's the copy of my tags if you want to use them. 
Right click and save to Word or something similar.
Loved this recipe! The only thing I am going to try on the next batch is use 2 cups milk chocolate chips and 1 semi sweet or maybe even all 3 milk chocolate.  I used vanilla flavoring, but the choices are endless.  Mint, orange, raspberry..etc.
Enjoy this fun and delicious recipe!
Check out Lark's Homemade Peppemint Marshmallows! Amazing!!
Thanks Lark!!



Comments

  1. So glad you liked them and sounds as if the "girls" did too!
    Please stop by the blog ANYTIME! :)

    http://www.larkscountryblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Hot Chocolate on a stick. Your step by step instructions are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute gift idea! I'm sure it would be well received all the way around :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant idea! I'm doing that next year for sure!

    Happy holidays!

    Lots of yummy love,
    Alex aka Ma What's for Dinner
    www.mawhats4dinner.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE, LOVE LOVE these Tiffanee!!! I'm still not seeing straight (my eye is still messed up:( But, I can imagine the thrill and excitement of just receiving such a delight!!! If ever I should get the chance, I'd love to try them with Kahlúa as a flavoring...Oh goodness!!!

    Thank you so much for sharing, Tiffanee...A Very Merry and Safe Christmas to You and Yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello new friend.

    I have made these before - but the one thing that I didn't know - was to put them in hot milk to make hot chocolate. What a great idea!!!

    Next year I have my gifts or my thoughts for my gifts all ready!!

    Thank you.
    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! I wouldn't have made it to the milk either :) Hope you have a great Christmas weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!