Bacondoodles

With the title of this post you must be wondering "What in the world?".  No the power outage did not fry my brain..although when it went out for the second time I thought I might go a bit crazy!! I saw this cookie and was instantly curious.  So you know me I had to try it out!  My son described it as a chewy, sugary piece of bacon.  At first taste, I wasn't quite sure, but then found myself wanting more.  They are addicting!  If you like the sugar/salt combo this is for you!!
Bacondoodles
adapted from Betterrecipes.com
1 cup bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon maple syrup
2 3/4 cup flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 Tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs and vanilla and beat for 3 minutes. Add flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Mix until well blended. Now the important thing: Chill the dough for about 15-20 minutes in the fridge.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix the 3 Tablespoons of sugar with the cinnamon in a small bowl. Scoop up your dough and roll it in the sugar mixture. I used a cookie scoop. Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
 Bake for 10-12 minutes. You want them to still be light colored. After removing them from the oven, let them sit on the cookie sheet for one minute before removing them. 
Yum! I think I am hooked!
*UPDATE 1/29: I am glad I made this recipe out of pure curiosity and for something a bit different. They were yummy, but the question is "Will I ever make them again?" Probably Not!!

Comments

  1. You're killing me here! I have to get away from desserts but these look SOOOOO good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm.. this is one of the few things you bake that doesn't make me want to try it.

    I am not much for bacon, so I don't think the cookie would tempt me... but my Hubs would probably love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read the title of this recipe to my mom ... who went, "oooo... that's going to be good." I agree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my heck! I would have never thought I would be looking at bacon cookies wishing I had some. But they sound excellent - and rather interesting =o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...that's an interesting cookie. Love the name of them. Although it sounds strange, it also sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Those sure are amazing cookies. Glad to hear your power is back on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They got to you, Tiffannee. You are now adding bacon to cookies. I bet the contrast in flavors is delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmmm, I will be trying these this week! Bacon bacon bacon!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!