Lemon Buddies

My family loves Muddy Buddies so when I saw this recipe I had to mix things up a bit and try it out.
They were delicious and so simple to make!!  A nice change from a chocolate mixture.  It's like a lemon bar snack mix!!
Lemon Buddies
adapted from General Mills
9 cups Corn or Rice Chex Cereal
1 1/4 cups white chocolate chips
4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 cups powdered sugar
In a large bowl measure out the cereal and set it aside.  In a microwavable bowl, microwave the chips, lemon peel, lemon juice uncovered on high for 1 minute.  Stir. Microwave about 30 seconds or longer or until the mixture can be stirred smooth.  Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into a gallon resealable bag.  Add powdered sugar to the mixture. Seal bag and gently shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container
Watch out they are addicting!!



Comments

  1. Just what I need another addiction!!! I think I saw these on Pinterest, Tiffanee. Are you on there?

    I'm so going to save these. I'll be visiting the kids in May and these Lemon Buddies sound quick easy and yummy!

    Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's me again, Tiffanee. Please excuse the "senior" moment. Duh! I'm following you an Pinterest:) Silly me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd take lemon buddies over muddy buddies any day. What a great, fresh taste - along with the necessary crunch! and gluten free to boot! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man. What a great change to the peanut butter and chocolate kind. These sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks yummy!! I just pinned it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!