Meatball Week: The Basic Recipe

I've been thinking about this for along time and decided tot mix things up just a bit and experiment here this week at One Crazy Cookie. My plan is to take a basic recipe and share ways to help you make some delicious and simple meals.  Hopefully making meal time a bit easier on all of us!
As you can see from the title of this post this week I am sharing with you a basic meatball recipe.  It is so versatile and very delicious! I'm lucky to get to keep any of them for the family eats them right off the pan as they come out of the oven.
Next time you find hamburger on sale buy a few extra pounds and bake up some of these beauties to put in your freezer!!
Meatballs
Makes one batch: double or triple to get the amount you want if freezing them.
1 lb. hamburger
1 egg
1 Tbs. corn starch
1 tsp. salt
1 Tbs. minced onion
dash of pepper
Mix all ingredients together. Shape into balls or use cookie scoop and place on a cookie sheet.
Bake 350 degree for 15-25 minutes depending on the size of your meatballs. These were smaller ones (about 1 Tbs worth. I used my small cookie scoop.) I baked them for 15 minutes. 
Depending on the fat content of the hamburger
you may have to wipe the fat off each meatball before freezing. 
Flash freeze until solid (about 1/2 hour). Place in freezer bag and freeze.
Now for example: when you want Spaghetti and Meatballs for dinner, it will be ready to impress and eat quickly!
Now the rest of the week I will share with you some other recipes to use these in to help aid your dinner rush!!





Comments

  1. The cornstarch is different! Always good to have something that everyone loves ready to go in the freezer:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love meatballs and I do the same big batch cooking and freezing for meals for the future. It's the only way to go! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love making lots of meatballs and freezing them for future use. Makes it much easier when you are in a hurry for meals some nights.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...these meat balls surely looks very delicious....thnx for the recipe...bookmarked !

    http://onlyfishrecipes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!