Ooey Gooey Bars

This is one of those recipes that is so simple, but looks as if you spent lots of time making them.  They are quick, simple and so delicious!! I took 3 different recipes to a recent event and these were the first to go!!  I made them for my preschool class today and they loved them!!
Watch out they are addicting!
Ooey Gooey Bars
1 cup corn syrup
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup oatmeal
2 cups cornflakes
2 cups rice crispies
3/4 cup chocolate chips

Cook corn syrup, sugar and salt in a saucepan on medium heat until it begins to boil.  Stir unitl the sugar dissolves.  Remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter and vanilla until the mixture is smooth.  Stir in the oats and cereals.  Pour  and press into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan. You can stop now or add the chocolate.
  Melt chocolate chips in microwave and drizzled it over the bars.  Place pan in the freezer a few minutes to allow the chocolate to set up.  Cut and enjoy!!
YUMMY!!

Comments

  1. These remind me of Special K bars, they sound awesome! Plus, if I used Honey Nut Chex cereal and GF rice crispies, I can make these gluten free! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffanee they look really good - I may make them with my grandson. Thanks. Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look amazing! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh golly. These sound excellent! I wish I had them right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tiffanee, these sound like they are to die for! Yum!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!