Bagel Chips

Oh wow! This is an amazing recipe and one that is so easy.  My cousin Rhonda came up with it when she had some day old bagels that she did not want to waste.  Me on the other hand kept buying bagels so I could make some and my family kept eating all them.  So my bagels weren't "day old" but the chips still turned out delicious and the whole family enjoyed them!! Photo
Bagel Chips
 from Rhonda Shuck
5 large " day old"  bagels
 1 cup butter or margarine
 1 tsp garlic (or 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt)
 1/4 tsp onion powder
 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Cut bagel strips into bite size pieces and put in large bowl.

 Mix spices into butter and dizzle over bagel strips. Stirring gently until bagel slices evenly covered. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown to brown.   Check and stir at each 10 minute mark. Do not under bake you want them crisp.
Let cool! (My daughter and I couldn't wait so we ate some warm)
After they are cool strore in a sealed bag.
Enjoy!!
Thanks Rhonda for another awesome recipe!!

Comments

  1. Sounds like a great snack:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic idea! I have day old cinnamon raisin bagels! I bet those would be tasty too. Thanks for the great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!