Cheerio Treats

For some reason we have alot of boxes of Cheerios at our house.  I'm the only one who eats them.  I was so excited to find this recipe so that hopefully I could get everyone else to eat them too.  They were a hit!! I thought they tasted even better the next day. 
Cheerio Treats
from Kathie Cooks
1 cup white sugar
1 cup corn syrup
1 cup  peanut butter
1 cup chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla

5 cups  Cheerios

In a large sauce pan, combine sugar and corn syrup. Bring to boil over medium heat.
Allow mixture to boil for one minute and remove from heat. Add peanut butter, vanilla and chocolate chips to mixture and mix until smooth. Add Cheerios and mix until all coated.
 Drop mixture by spoonful onto waxed paper and allow to cool.

*The chocolate chips are optional. I just love the peanut butter/chocolate combination!
 
Quick, simple and delicious!!


Comments

  1. These look wonderful! Chocolate isn't optional, it's essential! =o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!