Creamy White Frosting



This has been my go to frosting for cakes for over 20 years.  I have tweaked it a bit, but I still love it for decorating cakes.  A few weeks ago, I was told I need to provide a cake for an auction.  The theme of the the night was sports.  At first I said, "No way I have to be creative."  After I thought about it awhile the idea of creating a 12th Man Seahawk Jersey cake popped in my head and I ran with it. You first need to realize I have not artistic ability whatsoever!!
 I baked two cookie sheet sized chocolate cakes.  Frosted the one layer and then added the other on top.  Cut my jersey shape out of parchment paper, laid it on the cakes and cut it out.  Then frosted it with the creamy white frosting.

Then the fun part adding details.  I colored part of the remaining frosting green and the other part blue.
Did most of the trim with a knife.  Added some appropriately colored Skittles and here you go...

Actually for no artistic talent I was proud of this one!
Creamy White Frosting
6 cups powdered sugar
3/4 cup shortening
1/2 cup milk
2 Tablespoons butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla
  Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and beat until smooth and spreading consistency. If needed stir in more milk.  If it is too runny add some more powdered sugar.  
If desired mix with food coloring.
and Get Creative!!





Comments