Ranch Chicken Lasagna

I volunteered to make dinner for a family in our ward this week.  I couldn't decide what to make so I kinda made up this recipe.  I have to laugh because only I would try something new out on someone else.  HAHA!!  I don't know about that family, but my family enjoyed it!!  They even fought over the leftovers the next day. The only thing I will do different next time is maybe add some streamed zucchini, spinach or both to the chicken layer.


Ranch Chicken Lasagna
2 1/2 -3 cups chicken, cooked and shredded or diced.
8 oz package cream cheese
1 1/2 Tablespoons ranch ( I used the dry mix, but prepared dressing would be fine too.)
1/4 teaspoon chicken bouillon
1/4 cup water
2 cups+ shredded Mozzarella cheese
4 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
24 oz jar of spaghetti sauce
9 lasagna noodles

Cook noodles. Rinse with cold water and set aside.
Mix chicken, softened cream cheese, ranch, chicken bouillon and water together.  Stir in 1 cup Mozzarella cheese and 2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
Pour a small amount of spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a 9 x13 inch pan. Put three noodles over top of the sauce.

Spread half of the chicken mixture on top of the noodles.  
Add a little spaghetti sauce on top of that.
Top with three more noodles and repeat the layer using the rest of the chicken mixture.

Add the remaining three noodles. Pour the rest of the spaghetti sauce on top and spread it so it is an even layer covering the noodles.  Top with rest of Mozzarella cheese and Parmesan.

You can wrap and freeze at this point.  When I make Lasagna I usually make two,  Cook one and freeze one for later.
Cover with tinfoil and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.  Take the tinfoil off and bake an additional 10 more minutes.


Let sit for about 5 minutes.  It will make it easier to cut and serve.
Enjoy!

Comments