Tomato Bisque

I love tomato soup, the creamier the better.  So when I had a taste of tomato bisque I knew I had to try and recreate it.  It is amazing!!  Creamy and full of flavor.  It will make people think you slaved in your kitchen all day, but it is so simple to make.  It is almost better the next day when all the flavors have had time to mix a bit more. Even my picky eater LOVES this soup!! 


Tomato Bisque
(I usually double the recipe)
1 Tablespoon olive oil
2 cups water
4 Teaspoons chicken bouillon or 4 cubes
1/2 cup celery, diced
1/4 cup carrots. diced
2 Tablespoons chopped onion
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon basil
3/4 teaspoon parsley
1/4 teaspoon dill weed (optional)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 cans (14 oz) diced tomatoes
1-2 fresh tomatoes diced
1 cup cream or half and half
1/2 Tablespoon butter (Optional)\

Heat oil in a large saucepan.  Add celery, carrots, onion and garlic.  Saute for about 5 minutes or until softened just a bit.  Add water.  Stir in cans of tomatoes, bouillon, basil, parsley, dill weed, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 15-20 minutes.   Let cool for a bit and then put the soup in blender.  Return to pan and add 1 cup cream or half and half and the freshly diced tomatoes. Season to taste if needed. Return to stove to heat just a bit  or store in the fridge and heat up when ready to serve. We serve with just a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.

Delicious!
My new favorite soup.
Enjoy!

Comments

  1. I can't believe I've never made a tomato bisque! I feel inferior. :) Bookmarking this to try soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!