Auntie K's Dinner Rolls

A few months ago my Aunt called and told me about a new roll recipe she was making.  She is the bread professional so I could not wait to try it out....they were AMAZING!! The rolls turn out light and delicious!  It was quick and easy to make.  My family thought they were in bread heaven!!
Auntie K's Dinner Rolls
Put in a bowl and set aside:(don't stir)
1/2 C. warm water
Sprinkle 2 T. yeast in water
Sprinkle  2 T. sugar on top
In a stand mixer add the following and mix:
2 cups hot water
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil (I use canola)
2 tsp. salt
3 eggs
Now add the yeast mixture and 4 cups of flour

Add about 4 more cups of flour-l cup at a time-dough should be a little sticky
Mix until the dough is mixed well and forms a ball.

Place the dough in a large greased bowl (or I use the mixing bowl), lightly cover with plastic wrap and let dough double in  size -at least 1 hr.
Shape in to rolls and place on a greased pan
Let rise at least 1/2  hr.
Bake 400 degrees for about 12 minutes-or until golden brown on top and bottom.


*You can make dinner rolls, sweet rolls, scones etc out this dough.
For Cinnamon Rolls-Roll out, spread with butter sprinkle with cinnamon 
and sugar.  Roll up and cut rolls( I use double  thread  to cut rolls)  
You can make your own frosting or I use the Whipped  vanilla frosting 
in the can.

Delicious!!

Comments

  1. They look so good that I could eat the whole pan! Yum! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!