Patsy's Perfect Chocolate Pie


For Thanksgiving my mom and sister made this incredible chocolate pie.  It was so delicious and a huge hit.  Let's just say it did not last very long.  It left me wanting more...craving it! Between Thanksgiving and Christmas I made it twice and took another one to a potluck at work (also a huge hit there).  Best of all it is super quick and easy to make. This recipe is definitely a keeper.

Patsy's Perfect Chocolate Pie
Inspired by Lauren's Latest

1 baked and cooled pie crust 
12 ounces chocolate chips (Basically 1 bag. I like the Guittard and I used milk chocolate)
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 cups cold milk
1- 5.1 oz. package instant chocolate pudding
Chocolate shavings for garnish

DIRECTIONS:

Whip cream with vanilla and powdered sugar until stiff.  Set aside.

In a large bowl whip milk with chocolate pudding mix until smooth. Sit 3 minutes to thicken. 
Pour the chocolate chips into a bowl and melt slowly in the microwave, stirring every 20-30  seconds. Watch it carefully.  Once it is melted, pour into the pudding mixture and mix well.  Fold in half of the whipped cream. Pour into cooled pie shell. Top with remaining whipped cream and chocolate shavings. Cover gently with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.

The last time I made it I was lucky to get this picture with part of the pie, the family ate it so fast.

Enjoy,

Comments

  1. Oh my heck, this just looks heavenly! I sure wish I had a giant slice right now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!