Cheesy Broccoli Casserole

This is one of those recipes that I had forgotten about.  It was a dish my roommate made our first year of college and for many years it was a staple at all the family gatherings.  Somehow it got lost in the shuffle of things.  I decided this year to bring it back and I was not disappointed.  It was delicious.
Broccoli Cheese Casserole

2 lbs broccoli
1 lb Velveeta cheese
6 Tbsp milk
2 sleeves of Ritz Crackers
1/2 cup butter, melted

Heat oven to 350 degrees.

Steam or cook the broccoli.  Drain and place in a 9 x13 baking dish. 

Crush the Ritz Crackers and mix with the melted butter.  Set aside.

Cut the cheese into cubes. Place in a saucepan add the milk and heat on medium heat stirring constantly until it is melted.  Add the cheese to the broccoli. 
Add 1/2 of the cracker mixture and mix it all together. 
 Top with the remaining cracker mixture and bake for 45 minutes until heated through.

*I halved the recipe this time since there was only three of us eating.

I am glad I found this recipe again!!  So delicious.  I think it was even better the next day reheated.

Enjoy,
Tiffanee


Comments