Mongolian Beef

    I have been working on my meal prep skills lately.  I cut up my meat and broccoli and cooked it the night before. So when I got home from work all I had to do was cook the rice and make the sauce. It was simple and oh so delicious!
Mongolian Beef
1-2 lbs steak cut in to thin strips
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup soy sauce
3/4 cup brown sugar
2-3 minced garlic cloves
1 Tbsp corn starch
oil
2-3 chopped green onions or 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion cooked in a little butter until soft

Cook steak strip in a little oil.  Remove and set aside. 
To the pan add a little bit of oil and the garlic. Cook until tender,  Then stir soy sauce and brown sugar.  Add corn starch to the 1/2 cup water mix  well and add to the rest of the ingredients.  Stir constantly until it comes to a boil.  Turn to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes to allow the flavors to mix.  If the sauce is not thick enough for your tastes continue to mix in corn starch 1 tsp at a time. If it is too thick add a little bit more water.  Stir in the steak strips and onions. 
Serve with or over rice.

*I served it with broccoli on the side.  Next time I think I will stir it right in to the sauce and serve it all over top of the rice.
I will be making this one again and soon!
Tiffanee


Comments