Inflatable Bread Tacos

This is one meal that my mom used to make and I realized recently that I had not made for my younger kids and they loved it.  My one daughter named it "Inflatable Bread Tacos" and the name just stuck at our house for this new family favorite.  It is easy and quick to put together.


Inflatable Bread Tacos (AKA Navajo Tacos)
2 cups flour
3/4 tsp salt
3 tsp baking powder
1 c  warm water

Instructions:
  1. Combine the flour, salt and baking powder together.  Then add the water,  Mix until the dough forms.(you may need to add a little more flour or a little more water.  you want the dough to not be too sticky) Let the dough rest for 5 minutes.
  2. Divide your dough into 6 balls and roll out into 1/2 inch circles.  
  3. Fry each piece in a saucepan in about 1-2 inches of hot oil.  Fry until the dough puffs up and turns golden, then flip and do the other side (this happens pretty quickly). Set on a paper towel to drain the oil.
  4. Add your favorite taco toppings and enjoy!  
*My kids also like to eat these shaken in a bit of cinnamon sugar.

Delicious!!
Enjoy
Tiffanee

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!