Barbecue Meatballs

I hope you are not getting tired of meatball recipes.  This is another way of cooking the basic meatball.  I actually doubled the meatball recipe, planning on freezing half.  My family enjoyed this dish so much that I ended up using all of the meatballs with nothing left over.  Needless to say it was a huge hit at our house.
Barbecue Meatballs
Make a batch of meatballs. You can find my favorite recipe here.
Place meatballs in the bottom of a 9 x13 casserole dish and bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Remove from oven and drain grease.
In a saucepan combine the following ingredients:
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (optional: I just love the flavor)
1/4 tsp. liquid smoke (I did not have this and it was not missed.)
Bring to a boil and then simmer for 2 minutes. Pour over the meatballs.  You may need to stir a bit to get them meatballs covered in the sauce.
Return to oven and bake 10-12 more minutes.
Serve!!

Check out other great recipes at Foodie Friday and Recipe Swap.

Comments

  1. There is nothing better than good BBQ sauce, and this sounds good. I'm getting ready to go judge the hospitality portion of a BBQ contest, and here I am sitting on my computer when I need to be driving! LOL!

    Thanks for sharing, Tiffanee!

    Happy Foodie Friday...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl... these sound yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I put BBQ sauce (and Tabasco) on everything. This will hit the spot!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!