Tried & True: Old Fashioned Chicken Potpie

This is one of those recipes that I posted when I first started this blog.  It is such a GREAT  and EASY recipe.  I have taken it to many people for dinner and always receive a call wanting the recipe.  This is probably one of my very favorite comfort food dishes!!
Old Fashioned Chicken Pot Pie
Original post here
 1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 1/2 cups water
2/3 cup milk
2 tsp. chicken bouillon granules or 2 cubes.
1 cup chicken, cooked and diced
2 cups cooked diced vegetables (I use potatoes, carrots and peas. You can also use frozen mixed veggies)
2 pie crusts
Cook vegetables until tender. Set aside. In a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until well blended. Gradually stir in water, milk and bouillon. Bring to a boil stirring constantly and boil for 2 minutes. (It should be like gravy). Remove from heat. Stir in chicken and vegetables. Put bottom crust into pie pan. Pour filling into crust. Place 2nd crust over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in the top of the crust.

Bake at 425 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. You may want to shield the edges after the first 15 minutes to avoid over browning.

YUM!! Enjoy.

Comments

  1. This is a lot like our chicken pot pie and we LOVE it! Total comfort food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so creamy, I can totally understand why they ask for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks beautiful! I love chicken pot pie:@)

    ReplyDelete
  4. In all my years of cooking, I have never tried chicken pot pie. It seems like such a lot of effort for a simple dish. But this looks pretty easy. I've clipped it and hope to try it soon. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks delicious. Definitely bookmarked this one. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the ONLY pot pie recipe my family will eat now. It is their favorite (and mine,too). I purposely cook extra chicken so that I can make this! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful pot pie :), I'm sure your family loves it. I make the vegetable version at my house (you know why :D). Have a great day! Miriam@Meatless Meals For Meat Eaters

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't made a pot pie for ages! I'll have to try this. It's got to be among the top five comfort foods!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Tiffanee, you did it again! Yum, yum and more yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You just don't get better comfort food than chicken pot pie! Your crust is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been looking for a chicken pot pie recipe, this one looks like exactly what I love. Thanks Tiffanee
    mickey

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!