Meatball Subs

This was a fun and delicious meal! I think my family was a little shocked when this showed up on the table and they loved it!! We had no leftovers. 
I made cheese stuffed meatballs.  They were good, but alot of extra work and no one really noticed. Next time I will just use regular meatballs.
Meatball Subs
Meatballs (about 12-16 depending on the size of your bread)
1 loaf french bread
1-2 cups spaghetti sauce
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Heat meatballs.
Take the french bread and cut the top 1/4 of bread off. Hollow out the inside of the loaf . Put loaf on a baking sheet. Brush with melted  butter and a little garlic salt.  Broil on high for just a few minutes. This will help it from getting soggy.
When meatballs are done, put them inside the hollowed out loaf of bread.
Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and cover with the spaghetti sauce. Start with 1/2 cup and add the amount desired.  Top with most of the mozzarella cheese. Put the top of the loaf next to sub on baking sheet and sprinkle this with the remaining mozzarella.
Place sub in oven and broil for 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Keep a good eye on it!! Put the top on cut into 2 - 4 pieces and enjoy!
Simple and delicious!




Comments

  1. Looks great! We haven't had meatball sandwiches in such a long time... gotta correct that:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're having subs for dinner tonight; Subway that is, lol...

    I think I have some frozen meatballs around here somewhere. Perhaps, I should reconsider. Your subs are calling my name!!!

    Thanks for sharing, Tiffanee...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to come to your house for supper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have these for dinner also quite often and they're a big hit here as well! Love them! Great photos! That does seem like a lot of work to put the cheese in the meatballs. Maybe for spaghetti and meatballs you would notice the cheese? Sounds good! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love meatball subs! I usually make homemade meatballs, but buy jarred marinara (or spaghetti) sauce. I, too, don't like bread soaked in sauce, YUCK! I usually put some mozzarella on the toasted bread first, before adding the meatballs and sauce. Then put more on top of them, having cheese against both sides of the bread. Sliced mozzarella works best for this. Great pics!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!