Meatball Week: Barbecue Meatballs

This is another simple and delicious meatball recipe! My family loves this one! It is a keeper!
Barbecue Meatballs
Make a batch of meatballs. You can find my favorite recipe here.
Place meatballs in the bottom of a 9 x13 casserole dish and bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.  Remove from oven and drain grease.
* If you are using frozen meatballs either defrost them in the fridge or bake for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees before pouring the sauce over. 
In a saucepan combine the following ingredients:
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (optional: I just love the flavor)
1/4 tsp. liquid smoke (I did not have this and it was not missed.)
Bring to a boil and then simmer for 2 minutes. Pour over the meatballs. You may need to stir a bit to get them meatballs covered in the sauce.
Return to oven and bake 10-12 more minutes.
Serve!!

Comments

  1. This was one meatball I intended to make for my PIGSkin Challenge that I didn't get around to trying. Looks good:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love meatballs! I've been loving your meatball week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you have to say!!